Let’s face it, cancer sucks. I think that’s one statement our society as a whole can agree on. My father passed away from cancer when I was 19 and most recently my Aunt is preparing to knock out breast cancer [PINK-EE Promise]! Cancer has been the source of many tears and much frustration for a lengthy time period of my life, so rather than writing a super emotional post about it, I’m going to describe this nuisance in a humorous way:
- The person in class who reminds the teacher to collect the homework
- The car that cuts you off just to drive at a snail’s pace
- The person who leaves you a nice surprise in the work bathroom
- The corner of milk left in the carton just after you poured life’s biggest bowl of cereal
- The 10% battery warning after you started an in depth text exchange with your crush
- A flat tire on a rainy night
- A dropped call after being on hold for over 10 minutes
- Forgetting you left a load of towels in the washer for a few days
- The police sirens you hear in a song as you’re driving 80 mph on the highway
- The person with a cart load of groceries who won’t let you in front of them just to pay for one thing!
Again, in no means am I attempting to downplay the severity of this life changing disease, but cancer has taken up a lot of emotional space for myself and my family so I thought a little laughter could always lighten the load.
Please take care of your health! Be proactive in your doctor’s visits, including mammograms and colonoscopies, and know how to complete your own breast self-exam. Give words of encouragement, pray and support those who are affected. What do you think cancer is? Add your suggestions in the comments! Knock cancer out Aunt Carla! x kennie